Choosing an Apple Vintage Computer Pin Badge
Apple, Inc., was formed in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne in an effort to introduce and market Apple personal computers to the country; it was later registered as Apple Computer, Inc. in 1977. In the 42 years since then, Apple has maintained its status as a successful and prevalent technology icon. Because of its prevalence, people collect Apple paraphernalia and mementos, and Apple pins and badges are two such examples.What varieties of Apple pins and badges are available?
- The timeless Apple-with-a-bite-missing icon is the most prevalent badge that was produced. It is available in a variety of materials, including the traditional colorful rainbow design, gold, silver, and metallic with gemstones.
- "Oh Thirty" word badges distributed to celebrate the 30-year mark in 2007 (not yet vintage)
- Service award badges that have been awarded to employees for years of service and loyalty
- Pins of various shapes and sporting a variety of promotional slogans, such as "McIntosh Multimedia, A Sound Vision," or "Ask Me About My Affair"
- Vintage Croix D'Apple lapel pins from the 1980s
Apple has been successful since its implementation over 40 years ago and there has been a specific and limited quantity of these pins and badges manufactured. The simple law of supply and demand commands some aspects of these pins. The service award pins are actual pins that were presented in appreciation of employee loyalty and service. Considering that these pins and badges had to be earned, this has created an obvious quantified manufacture of them.What are some creative uses for Apple pins and badges?
The collectibility of these pins and badges is generally the main impetus for purchasing the items. However, there are some creative uses and ideas for the pins and badges. Here are some ideas:
- Use a colorful rainbow Apple badge or an Apple pin to seal the ribbon when gifting an Apple computer, iPad, or another Apple item to a gift recipient.
- Invest in a rare pin or badge and display it in a safe place. It would make an appreciated piece that will accrue value over time and become an heirloom.
- Purchase one for a computer geek friend or relative who is an avid Apple computer user. It would be a personalized gift that accrues in value.
- Use two matching Apple badges and have a jeweler design a pair of cufflinks for that Apple executive friend or relative.