Android Smartphones: Accessible Feature-Rich Phones
The beauties of an open software ecosystem such as that for Android is that manufacturers can make their own version of it and put it on their own phones. This leads to many types of smartphones able to deliver different types of user experiences. Many phone makers shoot for the place in the "Bang for Your Buck" category, and many have succeeded by offering smartphones with incredible specs for the price point.
What Is Android?
- Ubiquitous: As one of the leading mobile operating systems to date, it has given users the freedom to tweak and customize their phones to their liking. Its popularity grew in developing markets, translating to more users who download and use its apps.
- Downsides: The most apparent downside of its flexibility is that since there are so many versions, it can be difficult for brands to update every phone they release. This leads to tendencies of phone makers to update only their flagship models.
What Are Some Notable Coolpad Phones?
- Coolpad Max: This 4G device is powered by an octa-core 1.5 GHz processor and comes with 4 GB of RAM. Its large 5.5-inch touchscreen display has a resolution of 1080p, making it an ideal mobile media machine. The 13-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera ensures that you never miss a picture-perfect moment.
- Cool Play 6: This is also a 4G device that has a 1.4 GHz octa-core processor but has enormous amounts of memory at 6 GB. It has a dual SIM configuration that accepts Nano-SIMs. It comes with Android 7.1.1 out of the box and has a 4060 mAH non-removable battery.
- Note 5 Lite: Launched in March 2017, this phone is a compact model with a 5-inch display at 720p resolution. Its processing package includes a 1 GHz quad-core processor with 3 GB of RAM for smooth gaming and app usage. This is a candidate for those looking for a small but powerful phone.
What Accessories Can I Buy?
- Phone Case: Phone case covers allow for different ways to cover your phone to protect from scratches and impacts. Some covers incorporate a flip-style front cover to protect the screen along with a TPU case cover back to protect the rear while other phone cases merely protect that back but add a lip to the front for scratch protection for the screen.
- Screen Protector: A screen protector is a layer of glass or film that acts as a second skin for your touchscreen. This goes well with TPU phone cases and covers because they add lots of insurance that your device will remain pristine for longer.
- Bluetooth Headphones: One other accessory to have is something to play your music on wirelessly. There are many brands and models of wireless headphones which offer models like in-ear monitors, true wireless earbuds, or the traditional cup headphones.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Coolpad.