Garmin Marine GPS
When youre out on the water, its important to keep track of where you are, and you can do that with a Garmin Marine GPS unit. Garmin products can let you pinpoint your location, find fish, or mark points of interest, and help you pilot safely. Marine gear uses real-time GPS signals to provide accurate data to professionals and amateurs navigating on both freshwater and seawater.What products are available for fishing?
- Garmin GPS Maps/Chartplotters: The GPS maps and chartplotters have high accuracy to let you know your position and where the fish are hiding. The display screens can range in size from the 7-inch 7400/7600 series to the 24-inch combo GPSMAP 8624 MFD with Panoptix. Some chartplotters have buttons next to the display, while other models have touch screens. They can come preloaded with various maps and charts to help you minimize the amount of preparation needed before a big trip.
- Panoptix: These marine devices can be used to see under the water and all around your boat. Using Panoptix sonar technology, including Panoptix LiveVü Forward and LiveVü Down, a unit could let you see live images of whats going on under the water, whether youre moving or stationary. You can watch what happens as you cast a line and collect information about fish behavior to help you with future fishing trips.
- Fish finders: When using a Garmin STRIKER fish finder, you can take advantage of its built-in GPS, CHIRP sonar, and CHIRP scanning sonar technology. Youll be able to see the fish before they bite, and you can make a note of where youve had luck. The STRIKER 4 has a 3.5-inch color screen and a tilt/swivel mount.
If youre on a couple of different boats during various times of the year, youll want something that you can bring with you for easy navigation. Here are some portable marine devices that are available:
- Hand-held GPS: Hand-held Marine GPS units that Garmin offers to those heading for the lake, river, or sea are all waterproof and highly durable. Like the larger chartplotters that would be mounted on a boat, these units can also come with preloaded charts. The Garmin GPSMAP 78sc has a three-axis compass, barometric altimeter, high-sensitivity receiver, and the ability to upload to the Garmin Connect app. A different model, the inReach, has GPS navigation capabilities along with satellite coverage. With the inReach, you can share your location with others, send text messages wherever you are, and trigger an SOS in an emergency.
- Smartwatches: If you want something that will travel with you literally wherever you go, you can start wearing a Garmin Marine smartwatch. The quatix 5 has high-sensitivity GPS navigation and can be used as an altimeter, barometer, and compass. This marine watch can connect with autopilot devices and a chartplotter so you can see your chart your distance and/or location on a map.