Wrap It Up: Cases and Covers for iPhone 5s
Cases can serve a variety of purposes, from protection to expression to accessorizing. Whatever the case may be, Incipio covers come in a variety of different colors and finishes. A range of materials gives each case a different look.What colors and finishes are available?
Cases and covers for iPhone 5s are available in a variety of different colors and designs, including black, blue, clear, gray, pink, purple, red, and white. Finishes include gloss, jeweled, matte, metallic, patterned, pictorial, plain, and transparent. Glossy cases provide some shine while jeweled designs include rhinestones of various sorts. Matte cases have a smooth finish without the shine offered by gloss.
Metallic cases resemble the sheen of metal while patterned cases feature prints of various sorts, including all-over designs of various scales. Pictorial cases utilize a larger image that doesnEUR(TM)t repeat across the back of the case. Plain cases are typically a single color while transparent cases can be multiple hues, but allow the viewer to see through the case to the back of the phone.What features are available?
Features include card pockets, kickstands, lightweight materials, screen protectors, shock-proofing, waterproofing, clips, and straps. ID pockets accommodate ID cards, debit cards, and other essentials at the back of the case. Kickstands pull away from the back of the device to allow the device to stand freely for use with video chats, streaming, or navigation on a road trip. Lightweight materials add as little as possible to the caseEUR(TM)s bulk. Screen protectors coat the front of a device and allow for complete visibility while holding the screen together if it becomes damaged. It can also serve to diminish the possibility of scratches. Shock-proofing typically resides inside the case and provides extra cushion. Waterproofing can protect against some degree of moisture. Clips can help attach the device to a clothing item or bag while straps typically wrap around a wrist for security.What types of cases are there?
Cases come in several different types, including battery, bumper, hybrid, clip, fitted, and wallet designs.
- Battery: These include a portion that can be charged to offer extra battery life.
- Bumper: These extend up the back, over sides, and to the front edges of the phone. If the phone is placed facedown on a surface, the bumper prevents the screen from touching it.
- Hybrid These include features from a number of different designs.
- Clip: These typically have the clip mounted on the back so that they can attach to a belt loop or bag.
- Fitted cases and skins: These fit close to the device and are commonly made of rubber or silicone.
- Wallet: These often contain ID slots and have a flap that covers the front of the phone. Sometimes this front flap extends to wrap around to the back of the phone as well.