You can find all kinds of laptop replacement parts to repair or upgrade your device on eBay. Our selection of components like motherboards, laptop batteries, LCD screens, and more includes new, used, and Certified Refurbished products. If you enjoy tinkering with computers, buying laptop parts on eBay and handling the installation yourself can help you save money.
What Kinds of Problems Can Replacement Parts Fix?
Laptop parts are powerful yet delicate. Things can go wrong, and when they do, replacement is often more efficient than trying to acquire a different laptop. Some common problems that can be alleviated with replacement parts include:
- Power failure due to ineffectual batteries
- Overheating of the internal workings of the computer, often because of a broken fan or inefficient cooling system
- Data loss or complete failure of the system due to a corrupted hard drive
It's important that you only attempt a repair if you have experience replacing laptop components. Otherwise you can injure yourself or damage the device.
Which Parts Can Fix a Black Screen?
There are multiple potential causes for a black screen on your laptop. In most cases, a screen not lighting up even when the power button is depressed means there is a failure of some kind with the motherboard. Replacing this part of the laptop can resolve the problem and allow you to see if there are any other issues present.
How Can You Help Your Laptop Run More Efficiently?
No matter the age of the notebook, things can happen in the use of the machine that cause it to become sluggish. If you're experiencing issues with performance, consider these repair parts to address potential problems:
- A different battery. Batteries drain over time even when the notebook is plugged into an outlet and not using its supply. Replacing this part may help since the machine often tries to compensate for this perceived low-power state and thus becomes less efficient over time.
- Replacement cords. Sometimes the internal workings are fine but the parts are not communicating with each other because the connections between various wires are not getting through at all. Identifying and replacing loose or potentially faulty wiring can help to restore functionality and get your computer running again.
- A different screen. The laptop screen is the portal that allows you to do everything, and it is exposed to elements like dust and dirt at home as well as additional hazards if you transport the device on a daily basis. All of these things can cause the LCD screen to wash out, develop dim or pixelated spots, or simply cause a black screen. In some cases, if you replace your screen, the rest of the laptop parts can function as intended once more.
Certified Refurbished Laptop Parts
Shopping Certified Refurbished components on eBay gives you the benefit of like-new parts at a great value. These items are backed by a 2-year warranty and free returns and exchanges within 30 days of receipt. Certified Refurbished sellers are held to the highest standards and are monitored by eBay to make sure they provide exemplary customer service. If you're looking to repair a laptop at a decent price, consider Certified Refurbished components.