Laundry hampers are essential for every home. They help keep your home organized, tidy, and sanitary. Laundry hampers come in a variety of styles and materials, but no matter which one you choose, you're paving the way for a more organized home.
What are some benefits of a laundry hamper?
A laundry hamper is crucial if you want to avoid pileups of clothes. It's a good idea to put a laundry hamper in several rooms of your house including bathrooms, bedrooms, the laundry room, and the basement. Laundry hampers can hold dirty clothes and clean clothes, and they can keep your clothing organized and separated from other people that you may share a home with.
How do you choose the right laundry hamper?
There are multiple styles, colors, and sizes of laundry hampers. Basically, it comes down to personal preference. There are a few things to look out for that will make your decision a bit easier.
- Durability: You'll want a hamper that is built to last. A basket full of clothes can be heavy, and therefore you need a hamper that won't break from all of the use that it gets. Plastic hampers are a durable choice. If choosing a cloth material, you want to pick one that is made with durable canvas material.
- Size: Hampers come in all different sizes. You can choose singular hampers to keep in a small bathroom. There are also hampers that have multiple compartments which are perfect to keep in bedrooms for storage. That way if you share a room with someone, you can keep your clothes separate. Some hampers have slim-line designs, making them easy to fit in tight spaces like small closets.
- Special features: Laundry hampers have come a long way. You can now choose ones that have built-in ironing boards so that as soon as your clothes come out of the dryer, you can get them ready to hang. Some hampers have wheels, making them easier to move from one location to your laundry room. No longer do you have to drag your basket by the handles. Laundry baskets even have privacy covers and lids so that you can keep dirty laundry out of view.
What are the different types of laundry baskets?
Laundry baskets are an essential home accessory and storage piece. Consider the various types.
- Plastic: A plastic laundry basket usually comes in colors such as white and black. They're simple, affordable, and long-lasting, and they can be found in almost any store. They come with gripping handles which makes it easy to haul your clothes up and down the stairs.
- Wicker: Wicker is an attractive material for a laundry basket. It's made of strands of fiber, which makes it long-lasting and durable. The material makes an ideal complement to any decor.
- Woven: Woven baskets are similar to wicker baskets except they are generally thicker and are made from diagonally crisscrossed fiber material.