Lauren by Ralph Lauren Women's Plus Clothing
This line is a more casual alternative to the company's couture lines. Lauren by Ralph Lauren offers a full range of clothing including sportswear, denim, formal dress, footwear, accessories, and activewear options. The plus-size range offers options for fashion-forward, full-figured women.What styles are available from this fashion line?
This brand makes a full line of clothing and covers a variety of wardrobe needs, including activewear and officewear. This is true of both the straight- and plus-sized lines.
- Activewear: Branded T-shirts, zipped jackets, and soft-knit jogging pants are some of the activewear in this plus-sized line. Skirt and dress options for sports like tennis are also available.
- Sportswear: Sportswear is an industry term that refers to separates that can be mixed and matched. This line includes sheath dresses, trousers, cardigans, suit jackets, and button-up shirts.
- Sleepwear and loungewear: Pajama sets are available in several options, including the classic two-piece top and bottom sets. Nightgowns, nightshirts, and robes are also available.
- Formalwear: Formalwear from this designer includes cocktail and floor-length dresses. Examples of cocktail dresses include classic "little black dress" options like the Yuki lace-up party dress and a black sequined halter dress. Gowns include off-the-shoulder, one shoulder, and cowl neck options in jewel tones. There are also ball gowns with full, printed skirts available.
Women's plus sizes in this line range from 14W to 24W. Some items, especially shirts, are sized using 1X to 3X. See manufacturer site for details. As far as colors, this varies depending on the clothing item. Activewear comes in a variety of colors, from traditional gray and white to brighter options in oranges and blues. Sportswear colors include traditional neutrals like black and navy blue. Brighter options include lime greens and floral prints. Gowns and sleepwear often come in various prints and more subdued colors.What materials does this designer use?
This range uses a variety of materials in constructing plus-size clothes for women. These include:
- Polyester: This lightweight, versatile material is used in everything from quilted coats to dresses. Polyester is also often blended with other fibers, especially cotton, in active and casual wear.
- Linen: A lightweight, natural plant fiber, linen is often used in shirts, skirts, and dresses. It's also often blended with synthetics and cotton for ease of care.
- Cotton: This versatile fiber can be woven or knit. As a natural fiber, it breathes and drapes well. It's found in everything from denim to sweaters to dresses and socks. Cotton blends are commonly found in activewear, sportswear, and sleepwear.
- Viscose rayon: This soft fabric drapes well. It's often used in formalwear, dresses, and blouses. Sometimes it's also used in blends with fibers like linen or cotton.