Technical Specifications of Lenovo Intel Pentium Dual Core Desktop PCs
Founded in Beijing, China, Lenovo took over IBM's personal computer and server businesses in the 2000s. These days, Lenovo makes some of the most commonly used laptop and desktop PCs in the US and furnishes them with Intel components. With Intel Pentium processors, these Lenovo desktops can operate quickly and efficiently.
What are some features of these Lenovo desktop PCs?
- Dual-Core Processors: This setup includes two complete cores per physical Intel processor. Each Pentium core is able to read and execute programs. CPUs with multi-core processors function much more quickly than units with a single-core design. For these Lenovo desktops, all the dual-core processors are by Intel and use Pentium technology. The speed of these Pentiums is measured in gigahertz.
- Hard Drive Capacity: These units feature plenty of storage capacity. Some of these Lenovo desktops with Pentium dual-core processors offer sockets with up to 1TB of storage. Some of this can be translated into the ability to display high-resolution graphics.
- Peripherals: Lenovo's IdeaCentre line is designed to be an all-in-one solution. Peripherals such as monitors and keyboards are included and the ThinkCentre line allows for additional hardware by way of the many connection ports.
What are some common models of these Lenovo desktop computers?
- IdeaCentre AIO 510S-23ISU: IdeaCentre computers are all-in-one models. This unit features an Intel Pentium dual-core 4405U processor. It also includes a 23-inch touchscreen and a 1TB hard drive.
- ThinkCentre M90: This ThinkCentre CPU features 2GB of RAM memory and a 320GB hard drive. It has integrated HD audio, a headphone jack, and 8 USB ports. The graphics are VGA. It also utilizes an Intel Pentium processor.
- Lenovo 3000H 230: This mini tower features a Pentium dual-core E5300 processor that reaches speeds of 2.6 GHz. It has 8GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive. Graphics are by AMD Radeon.
- ThinkCentre 7269: This desktop features a dual-core Intel Pentium processor with a speed of 2.7 GHz. It features 2GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive. It features 6 USB ports and an ethernet port.
What is the difference between an IdeaCentre and a ThinkCentre desktop?
IdeaCentre units are designed for convenience, with both the CPU and monitor included. Some of these machines are very high-powered, with plenty of GHz. Many also have up to 1TB of storage. The ThinkCentre is designed more for business applications. Users are able to configure these in a more customized way, for a variety of applications.
Are these machines suitable for gaming?
Some of Lenovo's later IdeaCentre models are designed to work as full home entertainment centers. With up to 1TB of space in the hard drive and Intel technology boosting graphics, these machines can be suitable options for gaming.