Microsoft Mac Office and Business Software
Microsoft Office provides businesses, students, and home users with a full suite of office productivity software including word processing, database management, presentation and design, and spreadsheets. These programs, which include Excel, Powerpoint, Word, OneNote, and Outlook, are available for Apple Macs running operating systems such as OS X.
What versions of Microsoft Office for Mac are available?
The Microsoft Mac Office and business software offers several options. These include:
- Office 365 Business, which can be used by up to five users on five different devices
- Office 365 Personal, which can be used by one individual
- Office Home & Student 2016, which can be installed by one user and does not include iPad and iPhone support or Microsoft Office
- Office Home & Business 2016, which can be installed by one user and does not include iPad and iPhone support or Microsoft Office
What software programs are included with Microsoft Office for Mac?
The Microsoft Office productivity suite for the Apple Mac — such as Office 2011, Office 2013, and Office 2016 — includes five programs:
- Microsoft Word: This word processing program includes features such as spell check, grammar check, and a thesaurus.
- Microsoft Excel: This spreadsheet tool allows you to calculate and analyze data using basic math formulas as well as more complex tools such as pivot tables.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: This program is designed to create professional slideshow presentations that can seamlessly integrate elements from other Microsoft Office applications, such as images, documents, and tables.
- Microsoft OneNote: This program is designed for note-taking and collaboration, with features designed to share information between team members. The notes are updated in real time.
- Microsoft Outlook: Outlook includes email as well as a calendar and tasks, with various views available that can be customized.
Microsoft Access and Publisher are offered only in the PC version of Microsoft Office.
Can you use Microsoft Office on an iPad?
Microsoft Office has free apps available for iPad for those who have purchased their software package. With these apps, you can view any Word or Excel document as well as view and present a PowerPoint presentation from your iPad. Using Microsoft Office programs on your mobile device or tablet requires an Office 365 subscription.
How do you install Microsoft Office on a MacBook?
When you purchase a subscription to one of the Microsoft Office for Mac programs listed above, you have immediate access to download MS office directly to your Mac. When you initiate the download, instructions will pop up on your screen.
As the leaves begin to change, ring in the season by shopping for everything your kids or students need to start off the year right, from stationary to Microsoft office software.