Finding Standard Cab Trucks for Sale
A standard cab truck, or single or regular cab pickup, is a basic type of truck. Such a model contains one row of seating with room for two or three people depending on the car. The cab type has a rear window right behind those seats. There are many popular standard cab models on the market like the Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, and various trucks in the Ford F-Series. High end models from Cadillac, Jeep, and Land Rover are also available, not to mention industrial models from Willys and International Harvester. Older units from Plymouth and Nissan deserve to be noted as well.
The purpose of the vehicle is to provide drivers with more space for storing items that they wish to transport, but as you look for such a pickup, you will have to take a look at what you can find for your driving, towing, and hauling needs. Begin by browsing eBays selection of standard cab pickups from a variety of brands, all in conditions ranging from new to used to certified pre-owned.Review the Engine
Look at how the engine in your vehicle runs. The engine should be studied based on various factors:
- The transmission type - a truck can support a manual or automatic transmission.
- The type of fuel it can utilize - the diesel fuel type has become very popular in many models.
- How many horsepower are produced - an engine with more horsepower can produce extra force for carrying heavy items.
- The general weight of the engine - a lighter model may not be as strong as a heavier choice.
A more powerful automatic engine may come with a higher MSRP. The wheel design for such an engine may also be larger. Look at how well the vehicle engine works for your needs.See How You Can Transport Items
The large full-size bed on your regular cab truck should be reviewed based on how many materials can be secured at a time. The design outside your cab from Chevrolet, Jeep, Volkswagen, Toyota, Nissan, or Dodge Ram among other companies can come with plenty of room:
- A short bed is a basic style for a work truck. The short trim is less than 6.5 feet in length.
- A long bed can be closer to 7 feet. A full-size vehicle like the Ram 1500 or Chevrolet Silverado 1500 may include something even longer at 8 feet.
- Extra short beds are designed to be less than 5 feet long, although those are more likely to be found on double cab trucks.
You may also come across either a standard or stepside bed depending on the vehicle you choose. A standard bed features wheel wells on the inside for a greater width. Trucks from older model years will feature stepside beds where the bumper extends beyond the side of the bed.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the brands listed above.