Talbots Sweaters for Women
What started as a catalog business in 1947 by Nancy Talbot in New England expanded into retail stores as well as a flourishing online retailer. Talbots offers contemporary and classic clothing for women, including dresses, jeans, blouses, coats, and sweaters, along with accessories, outerwear, and shoes. Sweaters are available in a range of designs that complement the brand's line of pants and skirts.
What Are Some Talbots Sweater Styles?
Sweaters are a versatile addition to any wardrobe, and there are numerous designs to select from, whether you desire a short, three-quarter, or long-sleeved design, or a sweater that offers more coverage. Added details make sweaters even more visually appealing, while size options vary from XS to XL in addition to options for petite and plus-size women.
- Cardigan Sweater: One of the most common types of sweaters, a cardigan is generally long-sleeved and has an open-front, V-neck design, much like a jacket does. These also usually come with or without buttons.
- Crewneck Sweater: A sweater with a scoop neck that can have long or short sleeves, a crewneck is a flattering design that comes in an array of colors and patterns to provide variety.
- Shell Sweater: A shell is usually sleeveless and can be worn alone or layered with other pieces. They look like a tank top in their design, but they're made with thicker, heavier fabric for warmth.
What Fabrics Are Used in Talbots Sweaters?
When it comes to materials, Talbots clothing offers a myriad of options. Sweaters are typically created with thicker materials to trap heat and ensure warmth, though the brand offers numerous options.
- Cotton Fabric: Though there are sweaters and other types of clothing from Talbots made of 100% cotton, most of the brand's sweaters are crafted from a cotton blend. This makes the designs lightweight and comfortable enough to be worn year-round.
- Wool Fabric: Talbots uses authentic Merino wool in many of its sweater styles, including cardigans and turtlenecks. Known for its softness, this type of fabric drapes across the body in a flattering way.
- Cashmere Fabric: The epitome of luxury, Talbots cashmere sweaters come in styles that include crewneck, cardigan, and pullover styles. Made from authentic cashmere yarn, these soft sweaters feel light against the skin.
What Colors and Designs Do Talbots Sweaters Feature?
Though solid colors have their place, Talbots also offers women an array of graphic patterns, prints, and designs from which to select. When layered, patterns add texture and dimension to any outfit.
- Solid Shades: Go back to basics in Talbots sweaters that come in colors like black, white, and gray, along with more standout shades like hot pink, bright blue, and sunny yellow.
- Graphic Prints: You can't go wrong with classic stripes, floral prints, paisley, plaid, or polka dots.
- Detailed Embellishments: Look for clothes with embellishments, such as a black sweater with embroidered flowers, a white boatneck with ruffled trim on the sleeves, or a black cardigan with an oversized heart on the back.